Call for entries
We invite banks to pitch now for the IFR Awards 2017.
In order to help with our selections, banks, advisers and issuers may submit brief written presentations along with supporting data.
IFR journalists will also organise pitch meetings. However, pitching is entirely optional and consideration for an award will not be limited to advisers or issuers that participate in this way.
All written pitches should reach us by October 16.
We will continue to monitor the market until the end of the awards year (the period in which deals must price for consideration) and banks may submit addenda to include significant deals that price after submitting their pitches.
The awards year runs from November 16 2016 to November 15 2017.
Presentations for house awards should summarise achievements in the awards year.
• How has your institution progressed over the course of the year?
• What strategic goals have been met?
• How have they been achieved?
• In what ways has your institution adapted to the trends that have driven market activity during the year?
• What has been noteworthy about your deal roster, whether in terms of deal size, geographical and/or sectoral diversification, degree of innovation or complexity?
Presentations should include individual summaries of the main relevant transactions. Separate documents should be submitted for each major asset class.
Pitch meetings with IFR journalists are limited to a maximum of two hours per asset class. The contents of pitch meetings will be considered to be “on the record”, though comments can be made “off the record” if specifically stated at the time.
Please indicate for which awards you are pitching, giving appropriate contact names.
Final selections will be made by the senior editorial team and the winners will be announced in the IFR Review of the Year published at www.ifre.com on December 15, and with the December 16 issue of IFR.
Notes on award categories:
- Banks do not need to be active across a region in order to be considered for regional house awards.
- Best Bank for FIG Issuers, Governments, Financial Sponsors and Corporates cover all asset classes and regions, from LME to rights issues, privatisations to Century bonds, LBOs to IPOs and M&A and everything in between.
- Capital Markets Adviser is open to non-underwriting advisory firms only.
- M&A Advisory House covers transactions completed in the awards year.
- For M&A-related financing, loans will only be considered if the M&A transaction has completed in the awards year, as it is at this point they are funded. Bonds need to have priced within the awards year but are not contingent on the M&A having also completed.
- Financing package represents one financing programme across asset classes but all parts need not have been executed concurrently.
- Leveraged and mid-market loans feed up into Loan House awards.
- Bond awards do not embrace structured finance, which is treated separately.
- The bond and bond house awards for Financial, SSAR and Covered are cross-currency.
- US Bond House comprises all US dollar issuance in the US, including Yankees.
- Only 144A and SEC-registered US dollar issues are eligible for US Bond and Yankee bond.
- SEC-registered and 144A deals from issuers based in emerging markets are included in Emerging Market categories.
- Regional bond house awards are for any issuers in the relevant regional currencies, for example Europe Investment-Grade Corporate Bond awards are for investment-grade corporates in European currencies (including Eurodollars).
- Yen bond awards include Samurais.
- Covered bonds are included in the Financial Bond categories.
- Niche-Market Bond comprises bonds in non-core currencies or niche markets in major currencies, such as Formosa.
- Structured equity comprises equity-linked transactions, including those with derivative components, and structured cash equity transactions. Corporate equity derivatives fall under the Equity Derivatives House award.
- Structured equity feeds up into Equity House award.
- Restructuring includes formal debt restructurings and balance-sheet restructurings.
Presentation of the IFR Awards at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London will take place in the presence of HRH The Princess Royal, Patron of Save the Children, on January 30 2018.
Further details on the event can be found at www.ifrawards.com.
Bank of the Year
Bond House of the Year
Equity House of the Year
Loan House of the Year
Derivatives House of the Year
Emerging Markets Bond House of the Year
Capital Markets Adviser of the Year
M&A Adviser of the Year
Restructuring Adviser of the Year
Bank of the Year for FIG issuers
Bank of the Year for Governments
Bank of the Year for Corporates
Bank of the Year for Financial Sponsors
Issuer of the Year
US Bond House
Euro Bond House
Yen Bond House
Sterling Bond House
Swiss Franc Bond House
Swiss Franc Bond
North America Investment-Grade Corporate Bond House
North America Investment-Grade Corporate Bond
Europe Investment-Grade Corporate Bond House
Europe Investment-Grade Corporate Bond
Europe Financial Bond House
Europe Financial Bond
North America Financial Bond House
North America Financial Bond
SSAR Bond House
Covered Bond House
SRI Bond House
Europe High-Yield Bond House
Europe High-Yield Bond
North America High-Yield Bond House
North America High-Yield Bond
STRUCTURED FINANCE AWARDS
EMEA Structured Finance House
EMEA Structured Finance Issue
North America Structured Finance House
North America Structured Finance Issue
Asia-Pacific Structured Finance Issue
EMERGING MARKETS AWARDS
Emerging EMEA Bond House
Emerging EMEA Bond
Latin America Bond House
Latin America Bond
Asia Bond House
Credit Derivatives House
Equity Derivatives House
Interest Rate Derivatives House
Americas Loan House
North America Loan
Latin America Loan
EMEA Loan House
Asia-Pacific Loan House
North America Leveraged Loan
EMEA Leveraged Loan
North America Mid-Market Loan
EMEA Mid-Market Loan
North America Equity House
North America IPO
North America Secondary Equity Issue
Latin America Equity House
Latin America Equity Issue
EMEA Equity House
EMEA Secondary Equity Issue
Asia-Pacific Equity House
Asia-Pacific Secondary Equity Issue
US Mid-Market Equity House
EMEA Mid-Market Equity House
Asia-Pacific Mid-Market Equity House
STRUCTURED EQUITY AWARDS
Structured Equity House
EMEA Structured Equity House
EMEA Structured Equity Issue
Americas Structured Equity House
Americas Structured Equity Issue
Asia-Pacific Structured Equity Issue