Capital City is IFRe’s rolling digest of news, comment, and pure capital markets banter. CapCity will provide short, sharp takes from the Thomson Reuters stable — including IFR, IFR Markets and Reuters — as well as links to news sources around the world and a discerning filter of social media. You will also get an early taste of the deep news and analysis featured in the International Financing Review and our daily capital markets briefings.
- E-mail: CapitalCity@thomsonreuters.com
Is it just me or are the fever-pitch conversations about when and how …
Editor-at-large Keith Mullin drives further down memory lane
France has filed a brief supporting Argentina’s application to the US Supreme Court for a hearing in the Latin American country’s long-standing dispute with bondholders that have held out from its restructurings. Last week the IMF withdrew its possible filing after supposed pressure from the US Treasury not to intervene at this stage.
- Equity block trades or how to lose your shirt in a heartbeat
- Is Nomura to UBS a good career trade? ... Take Two
- Salz and the £15m Barclays travesty
- The New DCM Paradigm – the coming mid-market revolution
- The Chinese are coming … are they?
- US economic focus trumps European political will
- The ‘other’ great rotation... into alternatives