Capital City is IFRe’s rolling digest of news, comment, and pure capital markets banter. CapCity will provide short, sharp takes from the Thomson Reuters stable — including IFR, IFR Markets and Reuters — as well as links to news sources around the world and a discerning filter of social media. You will also get an early taste of the deep news and analysis featured in the International Financing Review and our daily capital markets briefings.
- E-mail: CapitalCity@thomsonreuters.com
Ever since politicians and the media invented the ‘casino banking’ moniker to describe what investment banks do, I’ve reacted vigorously to the term, finding it offensive and wide of the mark.
My blog last week on William Vereker’s move to UBS from Nomura to head corporate client solutions in EMEA (Is Nomura to UBS a good career trade?) caused a bit of a storm within UBS and I took some heat – a bit of an occupational hazard for me. In the interests of transparency and balance, I’m happy to share some of the
HAVE YOU EVER spent the thick end of £15m but had that nagging feeling that you’ve been done over? I haven’t, personally. Actually, I haven’t ever spent £15m period, although I live in eternal hope …
- The New DCM Paradigm – the coming mid-market revolution
- The Chinese are coming … are they?
- US economic focus trumps European political will
- The ‘other’ great rotation... into alternatives
- Nielsen set to survive as Hourican takes rap at RBS; Sharpening the UBS longs?
- Are Dougan and Jain drinking at the same water cooler?
- Pandit runs out of rope