- Tel: +44 (0) 20 7542 4279
- E-mail: email@example.com
Bankers are expected to receive a greater proportion of their bonuses in contingent capital instruments in coming years, after the European Banking Authority finalised guidelines on the instruments, giving firms the green light to bring forward plans to use them in bonus payments.
(* Correction appended)
Commerzbank is hoping that its faster than expected progress in cleaning up its balance sheet will allow it to accelerate plans to grow its Mittelstand business, with the firm’s much-shrunken investment bank expected to benefit from the trickle-down demand for hedging and other products.
- Turkey turmoil threatens bank profits
- Nomura bucks industry trend
- ICBC buys stake in Standard Bank's markets business
- Testing time for China's US$1.7trn trust industry
- Deutsche pessimistic on prospects
- Barclays and Deutsche likely to stand firm on cuts
- Slovenia escapes bailout, but risks remain