- Tel: +44 (0) 20 7542 4578
The European Central Bank attempted to calm deflation fears at last week’s meeting as the first forecasts for 2016 indicated moderate growth over the next two years. But with no sign of a return to the 2% target level any time soon, a dip in forward inflation swaps suggested that further intervention will be required for the ECB to deliver on its inflation remit.
Strategies around company share buybacks that have become commonplace in the US look set to be replicated in Europe with the launch of a new index that captures outperformance of repurchase events over the Stoxx 600 benchmark.
Still under-represented in the exchange traded product universe, fixed income is at the centre of issuers’ expansion plans. But after a contraction of the asset class as a portion of the global ETP market through 2013, issuers are sharpening their focus on strategies that should maintain momentum against a backdrop of rising rate expectations.
- Barclays follows rivals in power trading exit
- European banks prove new global macro trade
- ISDAfix seeks new administrator ahead of transaction shift
- Options trading error heightens clearing fears
- DERIVATIVES: CME expands European OTC clearing effort
- DERIVATIVES: ISDAfix seeks new administrator ahead of transaction shift
- DERIVATIVES: ISDA finalises CDS reforms