IFR Awards 2015: Call for entries
We invite banks to pitch now for the IFR Awards and IFR Americas Awards 2015.
In order to help with our selection, banks and issuers may submit brief written presentations along with supporting data.
IFR journalists will also organise pitch meetings. However, pitching is entirely optional and consideration for an award will not be limited to advisers or issuers that participate in this way.
The pitching process for the IFR Americas Awards will run alongside the process for IFR Awards.
All written pitches should reach us by October 12.
We will continue to monitor the market until the end of the awards year (the period in which deals must price for consideration) on November 15, and banks may submit addenda to include significant deals that price after submitting their pitches.
The awards year runs from November 16 2014 to November 15 2015.
Presentations for House awards should summarise achievements in the awards year.
- How has your institution progressed over the course of the year?
- What strategic goals have been met?
- How have they been achieved?
- In what ways has your institution adapted to the trends that have driven market activity during the year?
- What has been noteworthy about your deal roster, whether in terms of deal size, geographical and/or sectoral diversification, degree of innovation or complexity?
Presentations should include individual summaries of the main relevant transactions. Separate documents should be submitted for each major asset class.
For each house award please email photographs of the relevant bankers/advisers for the business line to
Please limit pitch meetings with IFR journalists to a maximum of two hours per asset class. The contents of pitch meetings will be considered to be “on the record”, though comments can be made “off the record” if specifically stated at the time.
Pitch documents must be sent by post or courier delivery to the relevant regional centre (see below), along with a covering letter indicating for which awards you are pitching and giving appropriate contact names. Please enclose two copies of each pitch.
For a full list of award categories, please click here.
For global awards, derivatives and all awards in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region, please send two copies of each presentation to:
Matthew Davies, Editor – IFR
30 South Colonnade,
For all Asia-Pacific awards:
Steve Garton, Editor – IFR Asia
10/F Cityplaza 3,
14 Taikoo Wan Road,
Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong
For all Americas awards:
Stephen Lacey, US Editor – IFR
3 Times Square,
New York, NY, 10036-6564
Final selections will be made by the senior editorial team and the winners will be announced in the IFR Review of the Year and IFR Americas Review of the Year published at ifre.com on December 18, and with the December 19 issue of IFR.
Notes on award categories:
1) Advisory House includes M&A transactions, as included in the SDC deals database, completed in the awards year.
2) Leveraged loan deals feed up into Loan House awards.
3) Bond awards do not embrace Structured Finance, which is treated separately.
4) The bond and house awards for Financial, SSAR and Covered are
5) US Bond House and IFR Americas Bond Awards comprise all US dollar issuance in the US, including Yankees.
6) Regional bond house awards are
for any issuers in the relevant
regional currencies, such as Europe Investment-Grade Corporate Bond awards are for investment-grade corporates in European currencies (including Eurodollars).
7) Yen Bond Awards include Samurais.
8) Structured equity comprises equity-linked transactions, including those with derivative components, and structured cash equity transactions. Corporate equity derivatives fall under the Equity Derivatives House Award.
9) Equity House and regional houses also include Structured Equity.
10) Restructuring includes formal debt restructurings and balance-sheet restructurings.
If you have any questions about the awards process, please contact Editor Matthew Davies on
+44 20 7542 7504 or Deputy Editor Owen Wild on +44 20 7542 8541.
For Americas specific questions contact Stephen Lacey on
+1 646 223 8808.
Presentation of the IFR Awards at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London will take place on January 27 2016.
The IFR Americas Awards will be presented at Thomson Reuters, Times Square, New York on February 10 2016.
Further details of the Awards process, events and previous winners can be found at ifrawards.com.