IFR Awards 2018: Call for entries
We invite banks to pitch now for the IFR Awards 2018. The IFR Awards Dinner will take place on the evening of Tuesday January 29 2019 in the presence of HRH the Princess Royal, patron of Save the Children. Banks, advisers and issuers wishing to submit pitches should do so by October 15 2018.
To help with our selections, banks, advisers and issuers may submit brief written presentations along with supporting data.
IFR journalists will also organise pitch meetings. However, pitching is entirely optional and consideration for an award will not be limited to advisers or issuers that participate in this way.
All written pitches should reach us by October 15.
We will continue to monitor the market until the end of the awards year (the period in which deals must price for consideration) and banks may submit addenda to include significant deals that price after submitting their pitches.
The awards year runs from November 16 2017 to November 15 2018.
Presentations for house awards should summarise achievements in the awards year.
- How has your institution progressed over the course of the year?
- What strategic goals have been met?
- How have they been achieved?
- In what ways has your institution adapted to the trends that have driven market activity during the year?
- What has been noteworthy about your deal roster, whether in terms of deal size, geographical and/or sectoral diversification, degree of innovation or complexity?
Presentations should include individual summaries of the main relevant transactions. Separate documents should be submitted for each major asset class.
Pitch meetings with IFR journalists are limited to a maximum of two hours per asset class. The contents of pitch meetings will be considered to be “on the record”, though comments can be made “off the record” if specifically stated at the time.
Please indicate for which awards you are pitching, giving appropriate contact names.
Final selections will be made by the senior editorial team and the winners will be announced in the IFR Review of the Year published at www.ifre.com on December 14, and with the December 15 issue of IFR.
Notes on award categories:
1) Banks do not need to be active across a region to be considered for regional house awards.
2) Bank for Financial Institutions, Governments and Financial Sponsors cover all asset classes and regions, from LME to rights issues, privatisations to Century bonds, LBOs to IPOs and M&A and everything in between.
3) Capital Markets Adviser is open to non-underwriting advisory firms only.
4) M&A Adviser covers transactions completed in the awards year.
5) For M&A-related financing, loans will only be considered if the M&A transaction has completed in the awards year, as it is at this point they are funded. Bonds need to have priced within the awards year but are not contingent on the M&A having also completed.
6) Financing Package represents one financing programme across asset classes but all parts need not have been executed concurrently.
7) Leveraged and mid-market loans feed up into Loan House awards.
8) Bond awards do not embrace structured finance, which is treated separately.
9) The bond and bond house awards for financial, SSAR and covered are cross-currency.
10) US Bond House comprises all US dollar issuance in the US, including Yankees.
11) Only 144A and SEC-registered US dollar issues are eligible for US Bond and Yankee Bond awards.
12) SEC-registered and 144A deals from issuers based in emerging markets are included in Emerging Market categories.
13) Regional bond house awards are for any issuers in the relevant regional currencies, for example Europe Investment-Grade Corporate Bond awards are for investment-grade corporates in European currencies (including Eurodollars).
14) Yen bond awards include Samurais.
15) Niche-Market Bond comprises bonds in non-core currencies or niche markets in major currencies, such as Formosa.
16) Structured equity comprises equity-linked transactions, including those with derivative components, and structured cash equity transactions.
17) Structured equity feeds up into Equity House awards.
18) Restructuring includes formal debt restructurings and balance-sheet restructurings.
All the details and categories are also available as a PDF attached to this story.
If you have any questions about the awards process, please contact Editor Matthew Davies
+44 20 7542 7504 firstname.lastname@example.org
or Deputy Editor Owen Wild
+44 20 7542 8541 email@example.com
For Americas specific questions contact Stephen Lacey
+1 646 223 8808 firstname.lastname@example.org
and in Asia-Pacific Steve Garton, +852 2912 6670 email@example.com
Presentation of the IFR Awards at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London will take place in the presence of HRH The Princess Royal, Patron of Save the Children, on January 29 2019.
Further details on the event can be found at www.ifrawards.com.
IFR Awards 2018 categories
Bank of the Year
Emerging Markets Bond House
Capital Markets Adviser
Bank for Financial Institutions
Bank for Governments
Bank for Financial Sponsors
US Bond House
Euro Bond House
Yen Bond House
Sterling Bond House
Swiss Franc Bond House
Swiss Franc Bond
North America Investment-Grade Corporate Bond House
North America Investment-Grade Corporate Bond
Europe Investment-Grade Corporate Bond House
Europe Investment-Grade Corporate Bond
Europe Financial Bond House
Europe Financial Bond
North America Financial Bond House
North America Financial Bond
SSAR Bond House
Covered Bond House
SRI Bond House
Europe High-Yield Bond House
Europe High-Yield Bond
North America High-Yield Bond House
North America High-Yield Bond
STRUCTURED FINANCE AWARDS
North America ABS House
North America ABS Issue
North America MBS House
North America MBS Issue
EMEA Structured Finance House
EMEA Structured Finance Issue
Asia-Pacific Structured Finance Issue
EMERGING MARKETS AWARDS
Emerging EMEA Bond House
Emerging EMEA Bond
Latin America Bond House
Latin America Bond
Asia Bond House
Americas Loan House
North America Loan
Latin America Loan
EMEA Loan House
Asia-Pacific Loan House
North America Leveraged Loan
EMEA Leveraged Loan
North America Mid-Market Loan
EMEA Mid-Market Loan
North America Equity House
North America IPO
North America Secondary Equity Issue
Latin America Equity House
Latin America Equity Issue
EMEA Equity House
EMEA Secondary Equity Issue
Asia-Pacific Equity House
Asia-Pacific Secondary Equity Issue
US Mid-Market Equity House
EMEA Mid-Market Equity House
STRUCTURED EQUITY AWARDS
Americas Structured Equity House
Americas Structured Equity Issue
EMEA Structured Equity House
EMEA Structured Equity Issue
Asia-Pacific Structured Equity House
Asia-Pacific Structured Equity Issue