The hunt for yield coupled with a lack of new lending opportunities in the US investment-grade loan market is prompting an upturn in the trading of Term Loan A paper as new bank investors push in to a previously illiquid part of the loan market.
Dish Network, the second-largest US satellite TV provider, received a “highly confident” letter from financial adviser Barclays confirming its ability to raise the required financing to back its offer to buy
Healthcare equipment company Thermo Fisher Scientific’s announcement last week that it had trumped private equity bidders to buy rival Life Technologies for US$13.6bn brings the first big high-grade M&A loan of the year and the biggest US bridge loan so far to the market.
- Bacardi moves to US pricing model
- Banks back rival Dell bids
- Heinz leaves a bitter taste for Europeans
- Heinz moves closer to cementing buyout funding
- Dell’s US$13.75bn LBO debt lifts spirits
- Freeport clears hurdles
- Bankers shrug off Freeport concerns