Spencer Anderson is a reporter at IFR covering people and markets. He was previously at the financial times and covered institutional and foreign direct investment.
- Tel: +44 (0) 20 7542 8547
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision is planning to clamp down on the way that banks calculate the risk weightings of assets. The issue is now seen as a “key problem” for the industry, with growing concerns that some banks are gaming the system.
The Bank of England appears determined to make its strongest moves yet towards restricting banker bonuses.
Russia’s large banks are relatively well positioned to cope with potential economic sanctions on the country as a result of the crisis in Ukraine, according to analysts.
- HSBC optimistic on EM despite turmoil
- Rudloff steps down after 49 years
- BofA Merrill continues sluggish start to year
- Momentum building for higher leverage ratio
- Cybersecurity analysts warn of wars between banks
- Credit Agricole has mixed fourth quarter
- Italian banks face bigger NPL problems