The planned introduction of the Shanghai-Hong Kong cross-border equity trading scheme later this year is encouraging brokers in the two financial hubs to build out their trading businesses in anticipation of an increase in flows.
Fang Fang has resigned as chief executive officer of China investment banking at JP Morgan, amid an ongoing investigation by US authorities into how the bank and its rivals hire Asia-related staff who may have blood ties to government officials.
LDK Solar’s creditors were close to finalising a binding agreement to restructure US$689m of offshore liabilities last week in a move that could provide a template for other struggling Chinese companies.
- Shanghai hints at trust sector restructuring
- Creditors look beyond China default
- UBS rapped over Hibor setting
- Asian banks venture back to prop trading
- UBS purchase shows shift in China ventures
- China trust default a blessing in disguise
- Aussie firms on the move in PRC