We are inviting banks to pitch for the IFR Awards 2022.
The awards year runs from January 1 to December 31.
The winners will be published on ifre.com on February 10 and in the IFR Awards supplement dated February 11.
We will present the awards at a gala dinner in London in March.
To help with our selections, banks, advisers and issuers may submit brief written presentations along with supporting data. IFR journalists will also organise pitch meetings.
Pitching is entirely optional and consideration for an award will not be limited to advisers or issuers that participate in this way.
All written pitches should reach us by November 4, with pitch meetings in November and December.
Pitches will be a combination of virtual and in-person meetings.
We will continue to monitor the market until the end of the year and banks may submit addenda to include significant deals that price after submitting their pitches.
In your presentations for house awards you may want to summarise achievements in the awards year. For instance:
• How has your institution progressed over the course of the year?
• What strategic goals have been met?
• How have they been achieved?
• In what ways has your institution adapted to the trends that have driven market activity during the year?
• What has been noteworthy about your deal roster, whether in terms of size, geographical and/or sectoral diversification, degree of innovation or complexity?
Presentations should include individual summaries of the main relevant transactions. Separate documents should be submitted for each major asset class.
Pitch meetings with IFR journalists are limited to a maximum two hours per asset class.
The contents of pitch meetings will be “on the record”, though comments can be made “off the record” if specifically stated at the time.
Please indicate for which awards you are pitching, giving appropriate contact details.
Final selections will be made by the senior editorial team.
Notes on award categories:
1) Banks do not need to be active across the whole region to be considered for regional house awards. Banks do not need to be active in all regions to qualify for global awards.
2) M&A Adviser and M&A Deal cover transactions completed in the awards year.
3) For M&A-related financing, loans will only be considered if the M&A transaction has completed in the awards year, as it is at this point they are funded. Bonds need to have priced within the awards year but are not contingent on the M&A having also completed.
4) Bank for Financial Institutions, Governments and Financial Sponsors covers all capital markets activity across regions, from LME to rights issues, privatisations to century bonds, LBOs to IPOs and M&A and everything in between.
5) Bank for Sustainability will recognise a bank that puts ESG/sustainable issues at the heart of its business, as well as being active in related capital market financings.
6) ESG Financing House recognises the leading banks in ESG underwriting across asset classes.
7) US Diversity & Inclusion House is given to a US-based minority, women or veteran-owned firm and covers activity across asset classes. The award recognises the commitment, performance and expertise of the firm in underwriting securities offerings.
8) Financing Package represents one financing programme across asset classes but all parts need not have been executed concurrently.
9) Bond awards do not embrace structured finance, which is treated separately.
10) Bond and Bond House awards for Financial, SSAR and Covered are cross-currency.
11) US Bond House comprises all US dollar issuance in the US, including Yankees.
12) Yankee bonds are those by European investment-grade corporates and financials in US dollars, excluding EM issuers.
13) Reverse Yankees are bonds issued by US investment-grade corporates and financials in euros and sterling.
14) Only 144A and SEC-registered US dollar issues are eligible for US Bond and Yankee Bond awards.
15) SEC-registered and 144A deals from issuers based in emerging markets are included in Emerging Market categories (along with domestic bond issues, etc).
16) Regional Bond House awards are for any issuers in the relevant regional currencies, for example Europe Investment-Grade Corporate Bond awards are for investment-grade corporates in European currencies (including Eurodollars).
17) Yen Bond awards include Samurais.
18) Structured Equity comprises equity-linked transactions, including those with derivative components, and structured cash equity transactions. Structured Equity feeds into Equity House awards.
19) Corporate equity derivatives feed into Equity Derivatives House.
20) Restructuring includes formal debt restructurings and balance sheet restructurings.
21) Middle East Bond House feeds into Emerging EMEA Bond House.
If you have any questions about the awards process, please contact us via email@example.com or individually at:
Editor Matthew Davies, +44 20 4530 3050, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy editor Owen Wild, +44 20 4530 2517, email@example.com
For Americas specific questions contact Stephen Lacey, +1 646 794 7390, firstname.lastname@example.org
In Asia-Pacific contact Daniel Stanton, +65 6929 9311 email@example.com
Details on the event will be available at ifrawards.com.
A PDF containing all these details is available at the bottom of this page.
Bank of the Year
Emerging Markets Bond House
ESG Financing House
Structured Equity House
Bank for Financial Institutions
Bank for Governments
Bank for Financial Sponsors
Bank for Sustainability
US Diversity & Inclusion House
US Bond House
Yankee Bond House
Reverse Yankee Bond
Euro Bond House
Yen Bond House
Sterling Bond House
Swiss Franc Bond House
Swiss Franc Bond
North America Investment-Grade Corporate Bond House
North America Investment-Grade Corporate Bond
Europe Investment-Grade Corporate Bond House
Europe Investment-Grade Corporate Bond
North America Financial Bond House
North America Financial Bond
Europe Financial Bond House
Europe Financial Bond
SSAR Bond House
Covered Bond House
LEVERAGED FINANCE AWARDS
North America Leveraged Finance House*
EMEA Leveraged Finance House*
North America High-Yield Bond
Europe High-Yield Bond
North America Leveraged Loan
EMEA Leveraged Loan
STRUCTURED FINANCE AWARDS
North America Structured Finance House
North America ABS Issue
North America MBS Issue
EMEA Structured Finance House
EMEA Structured Finance Issue
Asia-Pacific Structured Finance Issue
EMERGING MARKETS AWARDS
Emerging EMEA Bond House
Emerging EMEA Bond
Middle East Bond House
Latin America Bond House
Latin America Bond
Asia Bond House
Equity Derivatives House
Credit Derivatives House
Interest Rate Derivatives House
Foreign Exchange Derivatives House
Commodity Derivatives House*
Americas Loan House
North America Loan
Latin America Loan
EMEA Loan House
Asia-Pacific Loan House
North America Private Debt Loan
EMEA Private Debt Loan*
Americas ESG Financing House*
EMEA ESG Financing House*
Asia-Pacific ESG Financing House*
Sustainable Equity Issue
ESG Opinion Provider
North America Equity House
North America IPO
North America Secondary Equity Issue
Latin America Equity House
Latin America Equity Issue
EMEA Equity House
EMEA Secondary Equity Issue
Asia-Pacific Equity House
Asia-Pacific Secondary Issue
US Mid-Market Equity House
STRUCTURED EQUITY AWARDS
Americas Structured Equity House
Americas Structured Equity Issue
EMEA Structured Equity Issue
Asia-Pacific Structured Equity Issue
* New categories for 2022